Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with a sneak peek for Penguin Palace’s new release with another adorable set named, It’s Your Day.
In this set, there’s a variety of images but I focused on two of the characters and two accessory items. I wanted to create a small storyline of someone enjoying a glamorous day.
I stamped out the images I wanted to use on rectangles and I masked them off so I could use distress oxide inks to color up the background. I added both water and silver paint splatter to them for a bit more interest.
After coloring up the images, I lined the rectangle edges with a black pen creating a frame. I really loved how these came out. I wanted them to be the main focus but needed to add the sentiment for the card. I chose a piece of Smokey Eyes card stock and it has this really fine, pretty sandstone texture to it. It was a bit hard to picture, but you can notice it in the picture above. If you haven’t tried the cardstock from the store, I highly recommend it. I am really enjoying the subtle texture on the card stock that provides a little interest in the background but not deterring away from your main focus of the card.
I stamped the sentiments directly on the card stock, having no issues even with the texture and trimmed the card panel so I could mat it on black cardstock. I wanted to tie the black color back to the lined rectangles.
That’s it for today’s card. I really like the colors that pop against the neutral grey and I hope you enjoyed it too!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the sneak peeks. Come back again soon for some more inspiration and ideas!
→ SUPPLIES USED ←
Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer for review and use. All other items were personally purchased. Affiliate links may be used at no cost to you.
STAMP SET(S): *It’s Your Day
INK: Distress Oxide Ink – Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberries, Wilted Violet , Versafine Ink
- Copic Sketch – C00: http://shrsl.com/17ydi
- Copic Sketch – C1: http://shrsl.com/17ydm
- Copic Sketch – C3: http://shrsl.com/17ydl
- Copic Sketch – C5: http://shrsl.com/17ydn
- Copic Sketch – C7: http://shrsl.com/17ydo
- Copic Sketch – C9: http://shrsl.com/1cxzx
- Copic Sketch – 100: http://shrsl.com/1gsiz
- Copic Sketch – R81: http://shrsl.com/17yeg
- Copic Sketch – R83: http://shrsl.com/17yeh
- Copic Sketch – R85: http://shrsl.com/17yei
- Copic Sketch – BG11: http://shrsl.com/1ahqg
- Copic Sketch – BG13: http://shrsl.com/1ahqk
- Copic Sketch – BG18: http://shrsl.com/1ahql
- Copic Sketch – Y08: http://shrsl.com/1gsj2
- Copic Sketch – Y11: http://shrsl.com/17yej
- Copic Sketch – V12: http://shrsl.com/17yeb
- Copic Sketch – V15: http://shrsl.com/17yec
- Copic Sketch – V17: http://shrsl.com/17yee
- Copic Sketch – E00: http://shrsl.com/1729l
- Copic Sketch – E04: http://shrsl.com/1ah2y
- Copic Sketch – E11: http://shrsl.com/1729n
- Copic Sketch – E25: http://shrsl.com/172a2
- Copic Sketch – E27: http://shrsl.com/1erwo
- Copic Sketch – E29: http://shrsl.com/172a5
TOOLS: Misti, Tim Holtz Comfort Trimmer
MISCELLANEOUS: Smokey Eyes card stock*
→ TO SEE MORE ←